The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermine timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams, reporting to the Client and Reporting authorities, and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are central to this position.
- Manage project development from initiation to closure.
- Be accountable for project results along with project sponsor.
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task.
- Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders and team members.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms.
- Determine if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan. If required, recruit and manage appropriate staffing resources with the help of HR.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor.
- Lead, coach, and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution.